Intelligent Battery Charger-Analyzer for Large Battery Systems ( 10 A-hr to 100 A-hr ), with Enhanced Discharge Capacity
( Enhanced Version of the SuperMasterCharger )
Just as with the standard SuperMasterCharger, the SuperMasterCharger EXD is an instrument designed to charge, trickle charge and analyze ( discharge ) Nickel-Cadmium, Sealed Lead-Acid and other types of rechargeable batteries. The SuperMasterCharger EXD offers expanded discharge capacity when compared to the standard SuperMasterCharger though. The additional discharge capacity is achieved with the use of an external discharge module. The external module allows for the completion of capacity tests a rate of up to 80 amps (as opposed to 60 amps with the standard model).
With its multiple modes of operation ( Constant Current Charge [ dual and single rate ], Constant Current & Float Charge, Constant Current & Peak Stop Charge, Automatic Discharge [ analysis ], Resistance Discharge [ analysis ] and Full Discharge [ deep cycle ], the SuperMasterCharger EXD can satisfy the requirements of most large ( 10 A-hr to 100 A-hr ) rechargeable battery systems.
Additionally, the SuperMasterCharger EXD’s high voltage capabilities also allow for it to charge and analyze two batteries simultaneously, making the SuperMasterCharger EXD the most powerful aviation battery charger/analyzer available on the market today.
The SuperMasterCharger EXD also features safety interlocks to protect the operator, the charger and the battery in the event of reversed polarity connection, short circuit, open circuit ( no load ) and Over-voltage conditions.
Two large LED digital meters permit the simultaneous monitoring of voltage and current, while eight indicator lights display the status of the operation.
Other features include:
- Storage ( nonvolatile ) of battery test profiles
- Battery temperature monitoring
- Microprocessor based timer with HH:MM and MM:SS timing selection
- Interfacing to the BTAS-16 Computerized Battery Test System for monitoring, programming and control
Suggested Accessory: we recommend the VCM-100 to simplify the task of testing and calibrating the Charger-Analyzer.
- Charge: constant current
- programmable: 0 to 50.0 A, in steps of 0.1 A.
- Discharge: constant current
- programmable: 0 to 80.0 A, in steps of 0.1 A.
- Charge: 0 to 77 V ( two batteries )
- Discharge: 3 to 24 V at full current, and up to 48 V at reduced current ( power dissipation limited )
- Constant Current Charge ( all with optional Overvoltage )
- Single Rate
- Single Rate with stop at peak voltage
- Dual Rate
- Dual Rate with transfer at peak voltage
- Constant Voltage Charge
- Constant Current followed by Constant Voltage
- Constant Current Capacity Test
- Constant Resistance Load Capacity Test
- Full Discharge
- Adjustable: Usable from 3.00 to 80.0 V, with an accuracy of 2% ± 0.1 V
- Voltage: 3-1/2 digit, LED digital panel meter, 0 to 19.99 V and 199.9 V scales
- Current: 3-1/2 digit, LED digital panel meter, 0 to 199.9 A scale for charge and discharge
- 24 button keypad to select the Test Mode, program the Test Parameters and view status and results
- LCD readout with 4 lines x 20 characters
- RESET and CYCLE END
- MAIN and TOPPING CHARGE
- PEAK VOLTAGE END
- CAPACITY FAILURE END
- WARNING and FAULT
- Microprocessor controlled with HH:MM and MM:SS elapsed time selection
- Battery Over-temp
- Battery Temperature monitoring by way of an external cable or Temp-Plate
- Monitoring of internal Heat Dissipation
- Power Failure
- Internal rechargeable battery
- Microprocessor monitored for over and under current faults
- Fusing for Line, Charge output and Discharge output.
- 208, 230, 245 VAC ±10% and 50-60 Hz
- +5o C to +35o C ( contact factory for extended temperature operation )
- Battery Cable: Cable to connect the Charger-Analyzer to one or two batteries
- Temp-Plate: Plate which measure the temperature of the battery ( ies ) under test
- Single Cell Adaptor: Short cable with clips to charge a single cell or a group of cells
- Fuses and Current Limiter are also included with the charger
Note: Specifications subject to change without notice.